Hello

I've taken the plunge and have taken a few months off work to go on a round the world trip. I'll use this site to put links, photos and notes. If you are really interested please subscribe via email and post some comments too.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Avanti

First stop was Auckland in New Zealand. Mostly raining. Managed to catch my flight to LAX.

Found my first night hotel using a cheap hotel finder: hotwire.com

Met up with very old friends Dave, Cam and Cathy. Cam drove Dave and I to vegas, where we indulged in an excellent cocktail at the star-trek themed "Q Bar" at the Hilton. We shared a "Warp Core" cocktail - a huge 10 shot bowl of booze with dry ice added for effect.



We also went to a very amusing comedy show called spamalot and did some considerable walking about looking at all the "upsized" buildings and architecture.

Two more days to go in the USA, then off to London..

No comments: